Shenmue 3 graphics (positive comments only)

A place for discussion of Shenmue 3
TheMozartThug

Shenmue 3 graphics (positive comments only)

Post by TheMozartThug » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:31 pm

So here we, the big graphics debate...... Well no more people.
THIS POST is only about how little i care about the graphics...... What got you into shenmue? What got us coming back? What got us to pledge on kickstarter? It wasnt the grahics and never has been..... Yes shenmue 1 was revolutionary, but what made us come back was the storyline, it was revenge, it was us projecting are emotions onto ryu and what we all belived was right, to avenge his father...... Please can we use this space to say "i dont care about grahics....." all i care about is storyline and being truefull to its predecessors

admin100WaysToChai
Site Admin

Re: Shenmue 3 graphics (positive comments only)

Post by admin100WaysToChai » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:02 pm

I have an article i wrote about what we can expect for the Base & Pro PS4 i'm going to post here...i think graphically we are getting the game we've dreamt of
#ShenmueSaver...Remembering Friends..:^|

hoogafanter

Post by hoogafanter » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:16 pm

Loving the topic title lmfao...

Shenmue's graphics blew me the fuck away back in 2000, and they're still impressive in many ways today. I always thought 2 was a bit of a step back, but an understandable one considering how much bigger the environments are and how much more is going on. It was still on par with the first game but definitely with some sacrifices...

But when it comes to 3, I am right there with you. I really don't care if it looks like a Dreamcast game, matter of fact part of me would actually prefer it. But that said, I'm actually really surprised how good it looks, especially the environments. Some people shit on the graphics but I never had delusions that such a low budget passion project would ever live up to modern AAA graphical standards. IMO it looks like a PS3 game but with better resolution, and I'm more than happy with that...
Now Loading...

TheMozartThug

Post by TheMozartThug » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:07 pm

I wish the graphics didn't change at all, I wouldn't care less if yu made a 128 bit shenmue 3.......the point of shenmue is to feel and relax and take in the atmosphere.

The point of new games is to show off......no thanks lol.....