I suppose I'll start these intros off

A place for us to all get to know each other
Inno

I suppose I'll start these intros off

Post by Inno » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:38 am

As you can see, my name is Inno, been a Shenmue fan only since mid April, but playing Shenmue 2 certainly made me a devoted fan. Not that being a Shenmue fan has been made easy, as the Dojo's corrupt administration alongside their sycophantic userbase have made that forum unbearable. Likewise, the only Shenmue discord server with any sort of userbase at the moment, Shenmue United, is led by an idiot teen who has no issues with labelling people he dislikes as thieves and rapists, as well as making emotes of said people he dislikes without their consent, and turning every new user against a person they've never met. Even disregarding such horrendous behaviour, that server is likewise full of sycophants who avoid talking about anything of substance for extensive periods of time. Between these two 'communities', I had grown to *strongly* dislike talking with other Shenmue fans, save for my buddy Robfozz.

Here, I have some hope that we can have a better, more authentic and honest community start up, away from Peter and his wholly negative influence. Time will tell, of course, but here's hoping this can be a place for all the frustrated and otherwise 'discarded' Shenmue fans to have many good discussions in the future.

admin100WaysToChai
Site Admin

Re: I suppose I'll start these intros off

Post by admin100WaysToChai » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:45 am

Inno wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:38 am
As you can see, my name is Inno, been a Shenmue fan only since mid April, but playing Shenmue 2 certainly made me a devoted fan. Not that being a Shenmue fan has been made easy, as the Dojo's corrupt administration alongside their sycophantic userbase have made that forum unbearable. Likewise, the only Shenmue discord server with any sort of userbase at the moment, Shenmue United, is led by an idiot teen who has no issues with labelling people he dislikes as thieves and rapists, as well as making emotes of said people he dislikes without their consent, and turning every new user against a person they've never met. Even disregarding such horrendous behaviour, that server is likewise full of sycophants who avoid talking about anything of substance for extensive periods of time. Between these two 'communities', I had grown to *strongly* dislike talking with other Shenmue fans, save for my buddy Robfozz.

Here, I have some hope that we can have a better, more authentic and honest community start up, away from Peter and his wholly negative influence. Time will tell, of course, but here's hoping this can be a place for all the frustrated and otherwise 'discarded' Shenmue fans to have many good discussions in the future.
Well Said...its what we all will strive for here...it will be a level headed forum...with all variants of views on the Shenmue series...the usual rules apply...people will be banned as quickly for bullying or abuse like any other group or forum... that kid from Shenmue United sounds like a child alright...hopefully he will get a greater view of his surroundings sooner than later...

Thanks for joining and I look forward for whats to come...🙌
#ShenmueSaver...Remembering Friends..:^|

hoogafanter

Re: I suppose I'll start these intros off

Post by hoogafanter » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:06 pm

Nice to meet you Inno and welcome! This place was created so people can speak freely. So long as you're not actually attacking anyone(not "attacking" people by having different opinions from them like Peter would say) or doing anything super illegal, you can post here. I don't even mind some friendly ribbing and banter, just keep it at like, gamefaqs level lol
Now Loading...