100 Days

A place for discussion of Shenmue 3
hoogafanter

100 Days

Post by hoogafanter » Fri May 17, 2019 5:42 pm

We are only about 100 days from launch of the most hyped event of our lives! How does everyone feel? Anyone else got anxiety?
Now Loading...

DeathWishRyo

Re: 100 Days

Post by DeathWishRyo » Mon May 27, 2019 11:19 am

Quietly confident the team will take some people by surprise.
Some of the issues fans pointed out, I'd guess have all been ironed out.
There is a lot of hype and pressure, but also strangely, because Shenmue is seen as such a niche series, they may've been able to go under the radar.
So in turn, this could help in bringing us the best game possible, with the limited financial resources available.

hoogafanter

Post by hoogafanter » Wed May 29, 2019 7:01 pm

DeathWishRyo wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 11:19 am
Quietly confident the team will take some people by surprise.
Some of the issues fans pointed out, I'd guess have all been ironed out.
There is a lot of hype and pressure, but also strangely, because Shenmue is seen as such a niche series, they may've been able to go under the radar.
So in turn, this could help in bringing us the best game possible, with the limited financial resources available.
Hell yeah brother! After reading the edge magazine article I went from "cautiously optimistic" to "hyped with reservations"...
Now Loading...

hoogafanter

Post by hoogafanter » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:31 pm

Welp, back to the drawing board lmfao. Looks like we're waiting till November now...
Now Loading...

Vacen Dash

Post by Vacen Dash » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:06 pm

So excited! When I find out more stuff in shenmue that I didnt know about I just fall in love with the game more. I CANT wait to see what comes in Shenmue 3 ❤❤❤

hoogafanter

Post by hoogafanter » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:51 pm

NOW it's 100 days again lmfao... this is too much! Demo releasing next month!
Now Loading...

admin100WaysToChai
Site Admin

Post by admin100WaysToChai » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:46 pm

Keep up the great work on the 100 days of Shenmue DeathWishRyo...❤️
#ShenmueSaver...Remembering Friends..:^|

Robfozz

Post by Robfozz » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:17 pm

I'd love to see more of the game to calm some of my fears, also because they really just need to start advertising it already if they want to have any hope of non-fans buying the game. I mean seriously the games 3 months away and all they have to show for it is a couple of 1 minute trailers(some of which are really outdated and don't look at all like the game looks now) and some screenshots.

It's time to move beyond the short teasers already and they really should have started to show the game deeper at the beginning of this year. But they didnt and now its crunch time, they absolutely need to start showing us demonstrations and more longform gameplay videos. Show off the new features, explain what Shenmue is to people who don't get it, show what's in store for us fans, etc etc.

Oh well, I get the feeling that they're really not going to at this point and we'll probably get 1 last samey trailer next month at TGS and they'll call it quits. At least we get our backer demo next month(and yep of course we the backers have to wait while everyone already got to play a demo at E3 and Gamescom).
Shenmue Discord: discord.me/shenmue
One Cool Guy. Let's grab Domino's sometime.
Shenmue 2 is my favorite.
Banned from a dojo for telling the truth.

admin100WaysToChai
Site Admin

Post by admin100WaysToChai » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:45 pm

As I type the game journos are writing up their GamesCon demo experiences with the game...from what ive heard they had more to explore of what was on show at E3...what happened at the dojo Rob...? if you dont mind me asking..:^.

Robfozz

Post by Robfozz » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:40 pm

admin100WaysToChai wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:45 pm
what happened at the dojo Rob...? if you dont mind me asking..:^.
I was banned for being one of the first to speak up about how broken Shenmue HD was at launch(Thank god its mostly fixed now). I also was also probably banned for calling out Peter and his friends for lying about a lot of things like upcoming patches and how the game really wasn't all that broken according to them. I also called out Peter and Co. for mass reporting and harassing in his chat a French Twitch streamer who got Shenmue HD a couple days early and was playing it. The poor guy was just playing a game he got and these people he doesn't know just start saying terrible things in his chat and trying to get him banned.

Sorry if it's inappropriate to say here but I really do not like what the Dojo is about anymore. They don't seem to care at all about making new Shenmue fans because they're quick to ban or straight up not accept new members over the most trivial things, or god forbid you say something critical about how Shenmue 3 is being handled or whatever. Instead of listening they gang up on you and throw you out.

I think Shenmue fans should be more open to listening to what people like me and many others have to say about certain situations, we're not trying to hurt Shenmue we're trying to make it better.

admin100WaysToChai
Site Admin

Post by admin100WaysToChai » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:55 pm

You can post as much as you like here good or bad about Shenmue...we welcome anything related to the series...the Dojo has lost its way, leave them to it...we can make this group & forum far better...😍

Robfozz

Post by Robfozz » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:23 pm

Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:55 pm
You can post as much as you like here good or bad about Shenmue...we welcome anything related to the series...the Dojo has lost its way, leave them to it...we can make this group & forum far better...😍
Yes! I've been looking for a new place to talk about the things I love. I'll do my best to help spread the word about this place.

Space Lion

Post by Space Lion » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:04 am

Beyond excited. Latest trailer was incredible.

admin100WaysToChai
Site Admin

Post by admin100WaysToChai » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:20 am

The refinements are coming together...i'm very interested to know if the game will be PS4 Pro Enhanced..?..a short review from PC Gamer at gamescon said he was playing it in 4K on the PC...i can't get a poxy answer outa anyone on the hightable...🤔.

Robfozz

Post by Robfozz » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:27 am

Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:20 am
The refinements are coming together...i'm very interested to know if the game will be PS4 Pro Enhanced..?..a short review from PC Gamer at gamescon said he was playing it in 4K on the PC...i can't get a poxy answer outa anyone on the hightable...🤔.
The game better be Pro enabled lol. I actually don't imagine the game running so hot on vanilla PS4, as other larger scale Unreal 4 games do not run at a good framerate or resolution on the system (Kingdom Hearts 3 comes to mind). I actually bought a PS4 Pro in advance because Ive suspected this to be the case for a long time so hopefully they take advantage of the extra GPU power.

admin100WaysToChai
Site Admin

Post by admin100WaysToChai » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:36 am

Robfozz wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:27 am
Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:20 am
The game better be Pro enabled lol. I actually don't imagine the game running so hot on vanilla PS4, as other larger scale Unreal 4 games do not run at a good framerate or resolution on the system (Kingdom Hearts 3 comes to mind). I actually bought a PS4 Pro in advance because Ive suspected this to be the case for a long time so hopefully they take advantage of the extra GPU power.
I can't see why they wouldn't use the Pros extra power but i worry why they haven't said so yet...i wish we could get a straight answer...:^|

hoogafanter

Post by hoogafanter » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:43 pm

That's a horrible story Rob, and one that's pretty close to my own. I was labeled a troll by one of the mods for daring to criticize the HD ports as well. I wasn't even really shitting on it, I just mentioned how the sound was being poorly emulated. When I called the mod out for creating a hostile environment by personally attacking me and calling me a troll, he denied that he personally attacked me and had his groupies come to his defense, and I got temp banned. Got full banned a few months later for once again calling the mods out for creating a hostile environment. I reported one of the mods for breaking the rules and his response was to ban me and say it was "cute" that I reported him. Basically stating that he's above the rules publicly. How anyone still supports that place is beyond me...

I have a theory, and it might be a bit pretentious of me, but here it goes. I was the only non-mod member to be in the top 5 members for likes and posts. I was at the top of the list since the day they reopened with the new site. It's quite possible they were jealous and fearful of my fame/influence, hence why they did their best to shit on me for literally every post I made will all the other members were leaving me like reactions. Apparently only mods are allowed to be liked over there. I could be wrong but I have a strange feeling I'm right...

But enough about that shithole, this is a positive topic! New trailers are great and the demo is coming really, really soon! I just realized this now and I'm bugging out lmfao. I've never been so hyped for anything in my entire life. Just don't tell my wife and daughter that I said that...
Now Loading...